Saturday, March 26, 2011

DON’T TALK OF BEING AFRAID.

Don’t mention your timidities and impotencies. Don’t
say “I can’t do this” and “I can’t meet such and such a person.”
Don’t say that you would be embarrassed to death to meet this
society lady, or that university professor, or this judge, or that
bishop, or any other Magnificent One.
And if at any time you have been embarrassed and
humiliated and have made a fool of yourself, don’t speak of it
afterwards.

Our words have a profound reflex action upon our
minds.
Do not repeat the formulae of Fear, such as “I can’t,” “I
am afraid,” “I know I shall fail,” “I always just miss it,”
“That’s just my luck,” and the like.
These sayings seep into your soul and poison you.
Repeat the formulae of Courage.
Say, “I can,” “I’ll do my best, and that’s all anyone can
ask,” “No matter what happens, I will keep calm, and sure, and
master of myself,” “It’s all in the day’s work,” and go on
smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment