Saturday, May 28, 2011

Whats your Worth?

What do I bring to the table?
What do I offer the world? 
How do I make an impact in those I love all around me?





At one point or another in life I would bet we have all asked our one if not all of these questions.  I know I have. It is amazing to think that we overlook the fact that we exist. I was in the hospital a week ago today, I was actually damn near dead.

No inhaling breathe, blue lips, splotchy skin, temperature dropping, I couldn't keep myself alive.  I was dying. I knew how to breath but my body wouldn't do it, but I was breathing?  No, he was breathing for me, I was on life support, sustaining the body which carried my soul through life.

Lucid for 5 seconds, taking all my strength I spoke my last words.  "I don't want to be here, I don't want to be alive. I don't want to go to the hospital.  Let me go.... Please"  Taking 20 seconds, not sure what to take these words for.  He prayed.

I am here, he brought me back to life. All that matters is the fact that we do exist!  We live, to have dreams, to create joy, to be a flavor, a spice added to life.  Without us, the world isn't complete.  Diversity, personality, purely being is what makes this world so special.  No one else knows how to be me, and because I am still here I'm fulfilling the biggest gift I could give to the world. I am bringing my own original, love, zest, persona, and that is valuable, being on your death bed puts a different perspective on things.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I love reading what you learned from that experience and it is so true. We are unique. We are meant to be and we do all add to this world to make it what it is. Thanks for sharing your experience, Trina. I am so glad you are alive. You do matter. We all do.

    ReplyDelete