Saturday, April 23, 2011

He who is of little love is also of little faith

My great grandmother had that quote on her fridge.  I wrote it down one day, not really because of the meaning but because it reminded me of my grandmother and I figured she wouldn't be around forever... I was wrong, she wasn't around forever but until she was 102! I never really thought of the meaning until recently. 

Every relationship we have requires faith.  Faith in yourself, in the other person, in your abilities as humans, faith that good will come of it, etc...  Faith to believe in something you can't see or have a perfect knowledge of.  A desired outcome you hope for and believe in.  (That is marriage right there)  I am not only talking about marriage, faith is required in friendship any relationship really. 

The part where it is scary is it isn't a perfect knowledge.  We have no idea what the future holds, non what-so-ever!  That's where the hope comes in.  We hope for our dreams, we believe they can happen, we trust another person with our secrets, our hearts, our lives and pray for the best.  That's all we can do, so much is in our control but so much isn't.  We try, organizing things, creating traditions, putting routines in place, making our lives as predictable as possible hoping that all will go just as we want.  Control freaks are born.

It can get to you, stressing out like that, worrying about things that you can't control so, don't.  Let go, have faith, because really so much isn't our business to control.  Trust that someone has your best interest at heart and is orchestrating your life, all you have to do is follow.  Feels good to think all you have to do is listen, trust and do.  I don't need to know how things will work out, or why?  Just that it's what someone has planned for me and it will make me a better person and bring me more happiness than I would have been able to. 

Every person that has dated has experienced some form of heartache.  There is never going to be a way to guarantee a relationship before you commit to it, or even afterwards.  All you can do is love the best you know how, trust you will be loved in return and have faith in what you have together.  I do know if there is doubts or a lack of love it's because you don't believe in yourself or in love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment